Gassypedia – Apps Script developer ecosystem over time

Bruce Mcpherson

10:18 AM (6 hours ago) 10:18 AM
to Google Apps Script Community
Gassypedia – Apps Script developer ecosystem over time

A few months ago I released a publicly shared bigquery dataset all about the Apps Script ecosystem on Github, with reports available on looker. For details of how it all works see Gassypedia – public Google Apps Script on Github.

Now we have a few months of data available we can start to look at trends such as.

  • Are the number of repos on github featuring Apps Script and developers using it increasing?
  • Who are these developers, what are they working on and which oauth scopes, advanced services are they using ?
  • How many webapps, datastudio connectors, add-ons are being publicly shared on github?
  • Which libraries are the most popular and who is using them?
  • Which devs are hireable, and what does their Apps Script Github contribution look like?
  • Because the report is on looker and publicly available, it’s easy to filter and drill down and find someone to hire with the exact experience you need, or to find a project exactly like yours to take a look at the source code.
  • The data is a publicly available dataset on bigquery so you can use it to do your own queries and research. I’ll be updating it regularily.
Article is here