Web app login with POST request

Andrew A.

Aug 24, 2019, 3:16:07 AM8/24/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Is it possible to automatically login to a web app I have deployed using a POST request?
What would the code look like?

Martin Hawksey

Aug 24, 2019, 10:45:03 AM8/24/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
As in the Google account login, then no. You might want to consider a different deployment option (e g. run as script owner) ... or would the execution API work for you https://developers.google.com/apps-script/api/how-tos/execute

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019, 08:16 Andrew A., <chis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to automatically login to a web app I have deployed using a POST request?
What would the code look like?

Andrew A.

Aug 25, 2019, 2:18:11 AM8/25/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I'm accessing a web app from another script. I had deployed the web app with access limited to "myself" but of course that needs the other script to login first.
Let me look into this API you suggested...

On Saturday, 24 August 2019 17:45:03 UTC+3, Martin Hawksey wrote:
As in the Google account login, then no. You might want to consider a different deployment option (e g. run as script owner) ... or would the execution API work for you https://developers.google.com/apps-script/api/how-tos/execute

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019, 08:16 Andrew A., <chis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to automatically login to a web app I have deployed using a POST request?
What would the code look like?

Alan Wells

Aug 25, 2019, 9:13:41 AM8/25/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Both the calling application and the project deployed as an API need to share the same Cloud Platform (GCP) project.  So, it's basically, Google to Google, not for example, PayPal to Google.  Unless there is something I don't understand.

Andrew A.

Aug 25, 2019, 9:16:20 AM8/25/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I saw this point in the documentation too...
I was thinking of Google to Google