sheet change background color, if data change using importrange.

Jonas Hansen

Feb 14, 2024, 5:16:20 AMFeb 14
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi

Is it possible to make a script there change background color, if data changes in cell using importrange from other sheet document.

Keith Andersen

Feb 14, 2024, 11:26:34 AMFeb 14
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Yes. What are your parameters? A single cell? Range? Row? Column?

When and under what condition do you want the formatting to occur?

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024, 4:16 AM 'Jonas Hansen' via Google Apps Script Community <google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi

Is it possible to make a script there change background color, if data changes in cell using importrange from other sheet document.

Jonas Hansen

Feb 15, 2024, 5:33:34 AMFeb 15
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Keith
it is a range of cells with different data that I updated/retrieved with importanger from other sheets document.
I have one department there is updating one sheet with som dates and locations, and another department there is planning in the main document where they want the changed cell will be marked with red color, when there is an update/changed.
it the trigger could be when the document opened and every minute

Keith Andersen

Feb 15, 2024, 7:41:13 PMFeb 15
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Can you give an example of what you want to accomplish?

Passions: God, Family, Scriptures, Learning, Data Management, Google Sheets + App Script and much more!

Jonas Hansen

Feb 16, 2024, 5:39:36 AMFeb 16
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Keith
users changes data in some cells in sheets document1, another department have sheets document2 with a lot of data, but some of the cells use Importrange "=IMPORTRANGE("path to document1","sheet1!a1")" to get data from document1 (that part works fine). I want to mark the changed cell using importrange red in document2.

Hope it makes sense.

thanks

Keith Andersen

Feb 16, 2024, 2:35:34 PMFeb 16
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Sorry. No specific data, conditions, ranges to advise on. Suggest looking at some videos on data validation.

Good luck

Passions: God, Family, Scriptures, Learning, Data Management, Google Sheets + App Script and much more!