[SOLVED] Spreadsheet read/write permissions for apps script

Andrew A.

Aug 22, 2019, 1:25:04 AM8/22/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I have an add-on that is already published but I want to give it permissions to read and write data to one particular spreadsheet I have created; a database to manage my user information.
Is there a way of doing that?

EDIT:
Is there no way to open the spreadsheet and then allow a script to have full access to it?

EDIT 2:
I deleted the script from my account and that triggered a fresh permissions request; it is working now

Jonathan Butler

Aug 22, 2019, 9:22:34 PM8/22/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
There are a few options. But the best was I believe is you can create a web app that your add on interacts with through a post request. Then your web app can make the changes and send them back the information.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 1:25 AM Andrew A. <chis...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have an add-on that is already published but I want to give it permissions to read and write data to one particular spreadsheet I have created; a database to manage my user information.
Is there a way of doing that?

Andrew A.

Aug 23, 2019, 1:35:01 AM8/23/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hmmm I like the sound of that idea,,,
Do you have a resource where I can view details?

On Friday, 23 August 2019 04:22:34 UTC+3, Jonathan Butler wrote:
There are a few options. But the best was I believe is you can create a web app that your add on interacts with through a post request. Then your web app can make the changes and send them back the information.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 1:25 AM Andrew A. <chis...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have an add-on that is already published but I want to give it permissions to read and write data to one particular spreadsheet I have created; a database to manage my user information.
Is there a way of doing that?

Andrew A.

Aug 23, 2019, 9:11:21 AM8/23/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I managed to write something and I think it will work. I like your suggestion because now I don't have to change my scopes much... Google is jittery about that stuff these days