Google Picker prompting user to login into online store

Alan Wells

Jan 6, 2020, 10:25:12 AM1/6/20
to Google Apps Script Community
A user of my add-on is seeing a message flashed on the screen to:

Log in to select an item from your online store

When using the Google folder picker.  See image below.

Log Into Store.JPG

Log in om een item to selecteren uit je online opslag
From Dutch to English translated to:

Log in to select an item from your online store

I don't know if the Google translation is correct or not.

The user does not use Google to log into any other sites, and they are not using Google Store.
And they are not logged into multiple Google accounts.

The user is reporting that they got the Google folder picker to work in the Microsoft Edge browser, but it won't work in Chrome.

I guess that the Google Picker uses browser cookies somehow to be able to work correctly.
So I suggested to the user to clear the cookies in the Chrome browser to see if that fixes the problem, and to use the f12 key when the browser is open, to open the browser developer tools.  That might provide a clue as to what is happening.

Have you experienced this error, or seen it reported anywhere?

Faustino Rodriguez

Jan 6, 2020, 10:53:58 AM1/6/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I got that same error before for a user who was blocking third-party cookies

Alan Wells

Jan 6, 2020, 2:48:39 PM1/6/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks, that makes sense.