Analytics

richard....@gmail.com

May 3, 2019, 7:32:30 AM5/3/19
to Google Apps Script Community
We would like to add  Google Analytics to a Gmail-on. We are able to add analytics to Sheets add-ons, however that same method is not possible in Gmail.

Would it be possible to use GA in Gmail add-ons? If so, any hints? Or any other method to measure usage within the Add-on?
Thanks

Martin Hawksey

May 3, 2019, 10:18:52 AM5/3/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard - with GA and the measurement protocol as long as you can hit a url you can send data. I've written up some help on using Google Analytics server side which is written with Apps Script developers in mind

Martin Hawksey

Latest tweet (see how):

Google Apps Script Patterns: Writing custom formulas/functions and handling single and range inputs #GoogleAppsScript #GSuiteDevs https://t.co/SFriEqKOET

— Martin Hawksey (@mhawksey) April 26, 2019

Richard van Delft

May 19, 2019, 8:44:09 AM5/19/19
to Google Apps Script Community
For anyone who finds this topic.

We solved this eventually by adding a 'redirect' page (apps Script, published web service) to the architecture of the application. This solved for us 2 problems. The content manager can add now ANY url to the sidebar. (by default any URL needs also in the manifest file of the gmail add-on). To implement Google analytics in the redirect page is easy (just default implementation method).