Save user information to use next time

Tuan Do

Nov 14, 2021, 12:16:44 PM11/14/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi all,

My Google Sheets add-on will require users to identify themselves to make sure they have access to the service. I am looking for a way to let the users input their unique identifier (this can be their username + password on my website or I can generate a unique key for each of them) ONE TIME in Google Sheets, and it will be saved so that next time they open my add-on, they don't need to enter it again.

I wonder what options do I have to do something like this in Google Sheets add-on with Google App Script? Thanks a lot

Alan Wells

Nov 14, 2021, 2:00:55 PM11/14/21
to Google Apps Script Community
User Properties or an your own external database that the code accesses with UrlFetchApp.fetch(url to your database)

Tuan Do

Nov 25, 2021, 6:26:06 AM11/25/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Yes User Properties is exactly what I am looking for. Thank a lot