We're sorry, the JavaScript engine reported an unexpected error. Error code INTERNAL.

Ken chan

Apr 20, 2021, 4:55:40 PM4/20/21
to Google Apps Script Community
We're sorry, the JavaScript engine reported an unexpected error. Error code INTERNAL.
Getting this error again only at the trigger.
Anyone else getting the same error?

Matěj Zíka

Apr 20, 2021, 5:07:06 PM4/20/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Oh my god YES thank you. Actually just posted a thread on Stack Overflow because of this. It's happening to me in the last few days occasinally.

Matěj Zíka

Apr 20, 2021, 5:10:08 PM4/20/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Also an issue has been created by someone on IssueTracker: https://issuetracker.google.com/185814763

I REALLY hope this gets fixed soon, I have to manually process a lot of data every day in the last 3 days to fix things.

CBMServices Web

Apr 20, 2021, 5:57:13 PM4/20/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I got it two times today. Re ran the operation manually and all worked fine. So something was off in the Javascript engine today.

Alan Wells

Apr 20, 2021, 8:04:44 PM4/20/21
to Google Apps Script Community
There are multiple Issue Tracker issues related to the V8 runtime failing.
The following one has been assigned to someone at Google:

However,  the fact that an issue has been assigned to someone doesn't inspire confidence in me.
There are issues that are assigned to someone that are 10 years old with absolutely no indication that they will ever get fixed.
I'd think that this is an issue that would hopefully get fixed, since it literally makes many peoples apps unusable.
But I don't know.
This particular problem has been happening since at least April 7th.
That's 13 days.
So, if you trusted V8, and you can't easily revert to runtime DEPRECATED_ES5
then you've got a problem.
Problems like this with the relatively new V8 runtime may be unavoidable.
It's impossible to create something that's absolutely perfect.
But I really don't know how seriously Google takes this, or how much effort they are putting into getting it fixed.
Even if someone from Google communicated that they understand that it's a serious issue,
and they have made it a priority, I don't know how much confidence I'd have in them.