Display profile information to users

aj.addons

Apr 29, 2019, 8:53:05 PM4/29/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Consumer Google accounts can not see G Suite profile pages.  So, if I provide my G Suite profile in my add-on, only G Suite users can see my profile.  Everyone else is going to get a

Google+ is no longer available for consumer (personal) and brand accounts

page.  What are you doing to provide profile information to your users?

Romain Vialard

Apr 30, 2019, 5:08:07 AM4/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
As it's now mandatory to provide a Privacy Policy for each add-on on your own website, maybe you can simply put an "about me" page on said website?

aj.addons

Apr 30, 2019, 8:41:02 AM4/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I do have a page on my website for the developer, so I could add a picture of myself.  The Google Plus profile page seemed a little more "official."  Anyone could post anything to a website.  Of course, I guess anyone could post anything to a Google Plus profile page too.  I'm just looking for something that communicates to the users that I'm a real person who can actually be contacted, and identified.  I do make my contact information available.  I could use my Google Cloud Partner page as something to give me legitimacy.  That's a good idea.  I really don't want to use Facebook.