Question on users migration from CWS to GSM

Faustino Rodriguez

Dec 27, 2019, 10:11:16 AM12/27/19
to Google Apps Script Community
When looking at the GCP GSM SDK Usage Dashboard page, I see three (3) sections:
Domain installs: Number of customer domains which have your app installed
Seat installs: Number of users who have the app installed and enabled
Individual end user installs: Number of users who have directly installed your app (not installed by their admin)

I guess,
- the "Seat installs" corresponds to the number of users in the "Domain installs", so seats installed through domain installs, by the admin
- and by contrast, "Individual end user installs" would include individual installs and those migrated from the Chrome Web Store (CWS)

Is that correct?
- I mean, should I expect to see the users from CWS to populate the "Individual end user installs" section?

In my case,
- I still see a small number of users under "Individual end user installs" section in comparison with the users from the CWS
- So either, I am wrong on the previous assumption or the user migration has not yet happened, or both

Any ideas or actual information around this?

Thanks, Fausto

Alan Wells

Dec 27, 2019, 11:36:03 AM12/27/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I just took a look at my add-on.  I'm also seeing a very low number for "Individual end user installs" which is not anywhere near what the installs from CWS were.  But what that actually means, I don't know.  Unless they rolled the CWS number into the "Seat installs" number?  It doesn't make any sense to me why they would have done that, but the "Seat installs" number is quite high.  It seems like the "Seat installs" number is high and the "Individual end user installs" is low.  As far as an official answer, I have no knowledge of there being one, and I don't have any Google contacts.