Apps Script IDE allowing to paste only 100 lines of code per paste

Peter Šípoš

Jan 22, 2023, 1:48:34 PM1/22/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi,

I seem to be unable to paste more than 100 lines of code into the code editor at once. This is a big nuisance, as I want to publish the script to other people who might then be confused why they can't paste in the script.

Is this some kind of artificial limit? Is there any way around it? Even now while I am still developing (I write the code in external editor and paste it into the GAP IDE) it sometimes gets on my nerves because it takes some really unnecessary time and hassle to put in the code. Alternatively, isn't there any easy way how to just upload my own .gs file? If not, why not?

Thank a lot in advance for any hints

cwl...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 6:32:15 PM1/24/23
to Google Apps Script Community
I don't have this restriction. Not sure why it is happening to you.
You can develop locally, and then use CLASP to upload your files to Google.
This will give you a great overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxiEB-Mnys

Peter Šípoš

Jan 26, 2023, 8:00:01 AM1/26/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately,  I am afraid that CLASP will be of no use to me, since I need other not tech-savy people to be able to use my solution, which requires them to copy the script from a stored external file into a script linked to their google spreadsheet.