G Suite - Email is in Sent folder but is never actually sent

Alan Wells

Sep 11, 2019, 10:35:11 PM9/11/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I have an add-on user who is using a new G Suite account, and emails are in the sent folder, but never actually get sent.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Efficient Small Business

Sep 12, 2019, 1:42:31 PM9/12/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Is he able to manually send emails, or do the emails not send only when the add-on attempts to send them? If the emails don't send specifically for the add-on, does the behaviour occur with other accounts using your add-on or just his?

Could be that his email was not setup properly for his G Suite account (very likely), or that there are permission issues because of the organization settings for his G Suite account (pretty likely), lastly there could be some sort of permission/authorization issue with the add-on (doesn't seem likely, but I don't know anything about your add-on).

These seem like the most probable culprits to me.

Alan Wells

Sep 12, 2019, 1:52:37 PM9/12/19
to Google Apps Script Community
The user is able to send emails manually.
No other add-on users have informed me of the same issue.
It seems to be specific to their account.
My add-on has an option to remove authorization, which results in them being prompted to reauthorize.
Even though it seems likely that it's a setting in their GSuite account, we can't seem to determine what it is.
The account that the add-on is installed in, is a user in the domain.
I did find some information about how to restrict messages.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a Gmail issue.

On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 1:42:31 PM UTC-4, Efficient Small Business wrote:
Is he able to manually send emails, or do the emails not send only when the add-on attempts to send them? If the emails don't send specifically for the add-on, does the behaviour occur with other accounts using your add-on or just his?

Could be that his email was not setup properly for his G Suite account (very likely), or that there are permission issues because of the organization settings for his G Suite account (pretty likely), lastly there could be some sort of permission/authorization issue with the add-on (doesn't seem likely, but I don't know anything about your add-on).

These seem most probable culprits to me.

Efficient Small Business

Sep 12, 2019, 2:14:27 PM9/12/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
It could a G Suite issue, but if they messed with any of the settings when they setup their G Suite account, there is a very good possibility they have unintentionally restricted other add-ons from sending email for them. You can confirm this by having them try a different add-on that sends emails on their behalf (like Auto-crat).

If another add-on is able to send emails on their behalf, then it could be a Google issue, but I would still have them go through the common trouble shooting stuff i.e. using the add-on while in incognito mode, clearing their browser cache, etc...

If another add-on is NOT able to send emails on their behalf, I would reach out to the G Suite Admin community ( https://support.google.com/a/threads?hl=en&thread_filter=(category:GSuite_adminconsole) ) because they will be the most helpful in determining which settings may be preventing it.

If there is still an issue, then report a problem to Google.