Run a macro by Calendar activator

Omar Poch

Dec 4, 2022, 10:37:11 AM12/4/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi to all.
I want to run a macro ( myFunction() ) ussing the calendar activator event

I have selected the event source "From Calendar" and add my gmail account to access to my calendar. But I do not know how follow the configuration from here.

The following happens
  • When I create an event into default calendar, at any day and time, the macro myFunction runs. When I make some change on the event (for example the time), the macro runs too
  • When the time of event arrives, the macro myFunction is not run (the time zone is right)
  • I have created a calendar with the same name of sheet "ActivarCalendar" with the same result. The event do not activate the macro.
  • I have created the event with myFunction name, and not runs either
I think need connect the calendar with the sheet but I do not found how to do this

Can you help me ???

Many Thanks in advance

Omar (I'm sorry for my english)

cwl...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2022, 1:34:25 PM12/6/22
to Google Apps Script Community
The trigger you are looking for is this one:   onEventUpdated() .
Also see https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/triggers/events#google_calendar_events

Are you using that?

Omar Poch

Dec 6, 2022, 3:14:28 PM12/6/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks a lot for your answer, but I not want run my script when I create, modify or delete a calentar event
I want to run my script on a specific day and time that I set on a calendar. For example on first wednesday of every 3 months

On other words, I can not find which event is triggered when the current date time is equal to date time set into a calendar

Many thanks again for your help

Omar