Is is possible to insert HTML content into a Card add-on?

Felipe Mattos

Nov 27, 2022, 2:55:31 PM11/27/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi, I need to insert a custom HTML component into a Google Workspace add-on. Is this operation possible? If yes, how would I be able to accomplish it? Thank you!

cwl...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2022, 7:14:55 AM11/28/22
to Google Apps Script Community
It may be possible. What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

Have you looked at this tool to see if the component is already available?
https://gsao-card-builder.web.app/    (this is an unofficial Google card builder made by the Aps script team)

Felipe Mattos

Nov 28, 2022, 7:26:01 AM11/28/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Thank you for responding. I need to have a tree dropdown with dynamic options, such as the one in this post:

Paul Armstrong

Nov 28, 2022, 2:54:49 PM11/28/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi
I think you will find it is not possible.

If your add-on is an editor, you can get a handle on the UI (search for getUI). From that, you can add a side on the panel or open a dialogue. All of which you can populate with your HTML, but these are not ideal for most use cases where you truly want to "mix".