use app script web app as an android native

Wilson Galter

Jan 22, 2020, 4:20:29 AM1/22/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm not sure if this question can be answered here, but I'll try anyways.

 Is it possible to use a web app app script as a native android app, perhaps by using android studio or phone gap?

If so, is there a code I could modify?

Or one possible solution would be to run chromium in app mode.

On windows desktop I use this in the command line and it launches chrome in app mode(no browser address bar or buttons)
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --incognito --app="https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbyuqviKgpX_NdTR5I59ngAShsQtsvqGXcPcsgMdaqOspMPNTPYL/exec"

I tried saving the web app link as a shortcut on android home screen but it just opens chromium in full mode(with address bar and back buttons)

Thank you
Wilson

Ian McDowall

Jan 22, 2020, 8:25:38 AM1/22/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi,

If you are part of a G Suite Domain and have advanced mobile device management enabled, you can use the Admin console to publish web apps to a managed Google Play.

Ian

Wilson Galter

Jan 22, 2020, 8:29:55 AM1/22/20
to Google Apps Script Community
That's what I suspect. Thanks for the confirming my suspicion.