Editor Add-on CSS Package - Resize Vertical

Alan Wells

May 19, 2019, 4:44:18 PM5/19/19
to Google Apps Script Community
The Editor Add-on CSS Package only allows a text area to be resized vertically:

textarea {
  resize
: vertical;
}

There is no explanation anywhere concerning why Google doesn't want you to allow a textarea to be resized horizontally.

I've got a problem with my UI elements not expanding to the full width of the dialog box.  People need to be able to compose an email in my add-on.  They don't want to compose an email in a little tiny box, that won't expand horizontally.

I've downloaded the Editor Add-on CSS Package, and I'm going to use templated HTML to include it in the HTML, and comment out the textarea resize section.

Eric Koleda

May 22, 2019, 9:03:30 AM5/22/19
to Google Apps Script Community
The add-on CSS package is optional, and the rules within it are not absolute. Instead of downloading the entire file you can just include another rule after you import it that overwrites the rule you don't like.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/script/css/add-ons1.css">
  textarea
{

/* Whatever you want */