Prevent a column values from been cleared up when receive leads from Google Forms

Web Support

Apr 4, 2019, 11:37:22 PM4/4/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello,

I've created a Google Form where when user submitted his email and full name, my other Google Sheet will auto-update its rows showing those two values.

Now, inside that same Google Sheet, I've also created an extra column (name Giveaway code) with like 100 rows of values.

The problem now is whenever user submitted the Form, it will update the Sheet but it will clear up the value inside the Giveaway code column.

Is there any workaround where I can lock all the values inside the Giveaway code column?

Riël Notermans

Apr 5, 2019, 12:13:50 AM4/5/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Easiest would be to add a second sheet, where in A1 you put =ARRAYFORMULA(firstsheet!A:X) where X is last column. Then in column Y you can put your codes.

Mike

Apr 6, 2019, 7:09:38 PM4/6/19
to Google Apps Script Community
If I follow your use case correctly, and if your codes can be calculated based on a form field (like random generated from date time), you should be able to add a sheet column after the last form column and just use an arrayformula to add the code into each row. I have done this without problems in other applications.