Is the Repository / Branch Some Kind of New Feature?

Davis Jones

Jun 28, 2019, 12:35:21 PM6/28/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Howdy GAS friends,

I've noticed that the Apps Script UIs for my owner account [Figure 1] and that of our team's customer service user account [Figure 2] are different.

Figure 1

Figure 1.png

Figure 2

Figure 2.png

Does anyone know what's going on here? Franky, if this is some kind of version control that available natively, I'm very interested, because I find using CLASP kind of clunky.

If this is some kind of native repo / branching service, do you know where additional information is about this? Has anyone seen a tutorial, for example, on using these tools?

Have a good one,

Davis 🌞

Steve Webster

Jun 28, 2019, 2:09:08 PM6/28/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
That's a Chrome extension.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-apps-script-github/lfjcgcmkmjjlieihflfhjopckgpelofo?hl=en

Kind Regards,

Steve Webster
SW gApps LLC, President
Google Product Expert in: Google Apps Script, Drive, and Docs
Google Vendor (2012-2013) || Google Apps Developer Blog Guest Blogger
Add-ons: Text gBlaster and Remove Blank Rows

Michael O'Shaughnessy

Jun 28, 2019, 8:10:37 PM6/28/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
And it is fantastic!!! Highly recommend everyone use it!!

I know other developers use other IDEs, but I really want to always be able to code no matter what device I am using.  This is why I use the GAS editor.  I just wish Google (or somebody) would improve it... Give it a few more "bells and whistles" that you find using Brackets, Sublime or even the online editor that you use with codepen.

Davis Jones

Jul 1, 2019, 10:13:50 AM7/1/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I'm so excited! This is a great tool. I'm with you, Michael. If the native GAS editor just had a few more little features (e.g. auto bracketing, some keyboard shortcuts, etc.) it would be awesome. This extension is a big deal though.