Apps Script Pulse – Sharing Google Apps Script community content

Martin Hawksey

Sep 27, 2019, 4:36:44 AM9/27/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello community,

I'd like to announce a new space to help share Google Apps Script community content...

Apps Script Pulse is a new space to keep up-to-date with the latest contributions from the Google Apps Script community. Pulse is designed to compliment other community spaces – with the Apps Script Stack Overflow site supporting Q&A, the Apps Script Google Group providing a discussion space and the new G Suite Solutions Gallery providing a space for sample solutions – Apps Script Pulse is a distribution channel for community created content as well as surfacing highlights from existing spaces.

You can visit Apps Script Pulse and start browsing the content we’ve already collected and if you’d like to receive updates in your inbox you can subscribe to our daily digest of new posts. If you have content you would like featured in Apps Script Pulse you can ping us on Twitter @AppsScriptInfo or dropping us a line at pu...@appsscript.info.

We also have an open invitation to become a Pulse Contributor. As a contributor you can either help us source community news, tips, resources or write and share your own original content on our site.

Don’t miss out – start exploring Apps Script Pulse today!

If you have any feedback to make Apps Script Pulse a more useful resource please get in touch

Thanks
Martin

Alex

Sep 27, 2019, 5:59:42 AM9/27/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Martin

And thanks for sharing. But it's not available in Russia. I'm checking why.

Martin Hawksey

Sep 27, 2019, 7:11:53 AM9/27/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks Alex - not sure what would be blocking it but if there is anything we can change our side let me know

Dimu Designs

Sep 27, 2019, 7:41:45 AM9/27/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I like it!

Its reminiscent of a G+ community.

I'd like to suggest one improvement in terms of usability. Instead of having to click a link to navigate to past posts (aka. pagination) how about implementing an infinite scroll, where past content is automatically loaded on scroll? I know that there was a bill proposed in the US to ban infinite scroll (among other features) but as far as I know it hasn't appeared to have gained any traction so you should be fine implementing the feature.

Steve Webster

Sep 27, 2019, 10:28:08 AM9/27/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Nice!

Kind Regards,

Steve Webster
SW gApps LLC, President
Google Product Expert in: Google Apps Script, Drive, and Docs
Google Vendor (2012-2013) || Google Apps Developer Blog Guest Blogger
Add-ons: Text gBlaster and Remove Blank Rows

Martin Hawksey

Nov 4, 2019, 4:11:54 PM11/4/19
to Google Apps Script Community
... I did look into this but the theme didn't play nice. For now focused on push notification rather than browsing a lot of content. May revisit that feature at a later point :)

Marcos Gomes

Nov 4, 2019, 4:30:02 PM11/4/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Great work, Martin!
Thanks for sharing!

urwa shabir

Jan 5, 2020, 6:43:19 AM1/5/20
to Google Apps Script Community
 Hi Martin,

I am trying to contribute to pulse.appsscript. I have two questions:

- I am unable to login correctly. "Become a contributor" always takes me to sign up page.

- Secondly, I am currently putting content on Medium. Can I simply link it on pulse.appsscript to avoid writing stuff again.

I basically came to know about pulse.appsscript, when one of my Medium post was shared by you on it. Looking to share more content.

Thanks,
urwa

Martin Hawksey

Jan 5, 2020, 9:09:40 AM1/5/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi urwa,

A manual process to add you as a contributor which I've done now and emailed you separately with info.

No issue with posting links to your Medium posts, as you'll see from other Pulse contributions it's about signposting community contributions and hopefully driving traffic to the source content.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions and welcome to the team :)

Martin

Alex

Jan 14, 2020, 12:41:17 AM1/14/20
to Google Apps Script Community
@Martin

The site is blocked for users from Russia =(

CRITICAL: Resolved IP is in Russian black list register
ip is blocked
159.89.0.0/16
Blocker: Генпрокуратура
27-31-2018/Ид2971-18
2018-04-16

Martin Hawksey

Jan 14, 2020, 4:45:24 AM1/14/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for alerting me Alex - working with my webhost to see if there is a solution

Martin Hawksey

Latest tweet (see how):

My little downtime project this year is to use #GoogleAppsScript to send some personalised images extending the G Suite based bulk email solution I shared earlier in the year... #GSuiteDevs https://t.co/mTHKQsULxT

— Martin Hawksey #altc (@mhawksey) December 24, 2019

Alex

Jan 23, 2020, 1:53:49 AM1/23/20
to Google Apps Script Community