Problems to publish Spreadsheet Add-on

Héctor Vadillo

May 23, 2019, 4:05:49 AM5/23/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello there, this is my first time here, so I don't know how this works.

I have an issue with the publication process of an Add-on for a spreadsheet. I followed all the steps from this official post but I'm not able to publish it.

I was able to publish it in the Chrome web store, but it shows as and add-on for chrome, not for spreadsheets. Then I try to publish in the G suite marketplace, but after filling all the required assets in the G suite marketplace SDK the publish button is not enable.

Can anyone help me?
Thank you.

Alan Wells

May 23, 2019, 9:11:32 AM5/23/19
to Google Apps Script Community
The "Publish" section of the GSuite Marketplace SDK in the Google Cloud Platform is not currently functional for add-ons, as far as I know.  The "Update" button is disabled, and it can not be enabled.  I don't know if you might be able to click Update once, or something like that, but then it's disabled.  But, you don't need to use the "Publish" section of the GSuite Marketplace SDK, in order to publish to the GSuite Marketplace.  But, I believe, that there is two separate approvals.  One for CWS and one for GSM.
If your listing showed up in the CWS as a Chrome Extension, then you did something wrong.  Probably you uploaded a manifest file?  That will create problems.  I'm not even sure that you can somehow fix it.  You might need to scrap everything, make a copy of your script file, and start over again.  Whatever you do, DO NOT USE the "Upload" section of the Chrome Web Store developer dashboard.  When you "Deploy as add-on" from the Apps Script editor, the Apps Script editor uploads the file automatically.

I've created a video, trying to provide some information.  It's not a complete explanation, but might be helpful.

Hello Squadx

May 24, 2019, 2:23:55 AM5/24/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I am facing the same issue. I could not find relevant information about the manifest.json specifically for a sheets addon. New webstore developer dashboard is displaying my Item type as extension. I have added appscript.json from appscript project.

Hello Squadx

May 25, 2019, 1:45:04 AM5/25/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I took following steps to publish a spreadsheet addon.

1. Unpublish the old project from Chrome web store.
2. Go to https://script.google.com create new script.
3. From resources > cloud platform project, enter GCP project number
4. Open GCP console, from API and Services menu, select library, search g suite marketplace and enable it.
5. Click on manage (G suite marketplace library) and fill the form
6. Go to script.google.com and open project > publish > deploy as  addon.
7. No need to upload any zipped file.
8. Fill the form and publish.