Is the users migration from CWS to GSM completed already or still ongoing?

Faustino Rodriguez

Mar 6, 2020, 9:08:37 AM3/6/20
to Google Apps Script Community
As I see from my side, I believe the users migration from CWS to GSM is not completed yet, but I cannot be 100% sure
+ Does somebody around know the answer to that question for sure?

When looking at the GCP GSM (G Suite Marketplace) SDK Usage Dashboard page, I see three (3) sections explained as follows:
Domain installs: Number of customer domains which have your app installed
Seat installs: Number of users who have the app installed and enabled
Individual end user installs: Number of users who have directly installed your app (not installed by their admin)

As I understand,
- the "Seat installs" corresponds to the number of users in the "Domain installs", so seats installed through domain installs, by the admin
- and by contrast, "Individual end user installs" would include individual installs at GSM and those migrated from the Chrome Web Store (CWS)

In my case,
- I still see over 160,000 users reported at CWS although that number has been slowly decreasing since last December
- And a small number of users (like a fraction of the decrease at CWS) under "Individual end user installs" at GSM section in comparison with the users from the CWS
- Over time I see the ocassional big jump in the "Seat installs" due to some "Domain installs"

- Should we expect the users at CWS to eventually reduce to zero, while migrating and increasing the number under "Individual end user installs" at GSM

Any ideas or actual information around this?
- How is this happening on your add-ons?

Thanks in advance, Fausto

Alex

Mar 8, 2020, 4:01:19 PM3/8/20
to Google Apps Script Community
All my CWS Addons are on GSM now.

The last addon I checked me was moved couple days ago.

Except one. But I never published it. It was always only for a closed group.

I do not know this will help you or not.

1583697519748.png

Faustino Rodriguez

Mar 12, 2020, 11:24:07 AM3/12/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks Alex for your feedback
- I had no problem with the actual add-on migration from CWS to GSM
- My concerns/ questions are about the users migration and how the user-count show in both CWS and GSM