Explicit vs Implicit access?

Bruce Axtens

Sep 16, 2021, 4:17:30 AMSep 16
to Google Apps Script Community
In Google Drive, using the API, is there a way of determining whether a user in the permissions list is there because they have been given explicit permission or whether they "inherited" it from the folder's permissions?

Bruce.

Clark Lind

Sep 20, 2021, 11:21:08 AMSep 20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Bruce,
I don't think their is a method for that. But if I were trying this, I would compare the file permissions with the parent permissions. If they have access to the parent, I would assume that is how they got access. It might not be 100% reliable, but it would meet the majority of cases I think.

-Clark

Clark Lind

Sep 20, 2021, 11:29:23 AMSep 20
to Google Apps Script Community
Looking into it a bit further, you could probably use the drive activity API and use permission change. There should be some kind of audit trail to eventually find who shared with whom and when.