Get submitted data (Google Form), Google Sheet (Responses), edit and add as new record.

Radcliffe Bromfield

Feb 4, 2021, 11:56:37 AM2/4/21
to Google Apps Script Community

So I created a Google Form and after I click Submit the responses are recorded on a Google Sheet, GREAT. Now I have columns and rows of data and would like another Google Form to Retrieve the said information from the Google Sheet (Responses) so I can edit that Response(s) and either overwrite the existing one or create a new record after clicking submit.

cbmserv...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2021, 12:01:15 PM2/4/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Hi Radcliffe,

Is this just to modify the original form submission or to create a different form all together?

If it is just to modify the original form data, you can create a script that will generate a URL for you to click on which would allow you back into the form to modify the data. Note this would just resubmit against the same row and not generate a new record.

Radcliffe Bromfield

Feb 4, 2021, 12:53:41 PM2/4/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Good Day Sir George,
Your suggestion is noted as I want to edit the entry via the form and the entry is replace with the new info and not create a record. But I also want to do the same and option is there to create a new record or update existing one.....
Thanks for Replying..

Radcliffe Bromfield

Feb 4, 2021, 12:56:04 PM2/4/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Want to where I can go to get that script please and thanks

cbmserv...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2021, 1:24:23 PM2/4/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

You will have to create your own.

Check out this discussion thread for some ideas:

get google forms quiz viewscore url

Radcliffe Bromfield

Feb 8, 2021, 4:47:19 PM2/8/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Oh ok, thought this was like a community that help each other or give a start so one could edit, thanks much......

Alan Wells

Feb 8, 2021, 7:15:46 PM2/8/21
to Google Apps Script Community
If you want to programmatically submit a response to a Form, see the following Stack Overflow answer:

The method to use is at the following documentation:
But it doesn't have any code, and you need to create a response first.

kle...@ritenourschools.org

Feb 9, 2021, 10:42:34 AM2/9/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Some code here Yagisanatode Upload grades into a Google Classroom Coursework Assignment.