Assign Script to Google Sheet Button from Add-on

Al

Nov 4, 2019, 3:34:26 AM11/4/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello,

I want to ask if it is possible in multiple google sheets to access functions from Add-ons directly on buttons in the cells? I tried to create a script and a sheet where there is a button that I assign a script (which exist on the Add-on not bounded script) but I get the error "Script function could not be found". Or is the only way to do this is only through libraries?

Thanks.

Clark Lind

Nov 4, 2019, 8:05:49 AM11/4/19
to Google Apps Script Community
You might have to create a local script that calls the external script via UrlFetch or something. There are probably too many security concerns to do what you are asking. Using Libraries may be the only way. Others may have a better answer.

Arjun duraisamy

Nov 6, 2019, 6:40:19 AM11/6/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,
I need to extract particular text from a cell.
Eg.TC-GLIB-12345-Simn_Run-001

Instead  of GLIB word may be anything like (DCS or DRCOIP)

 From abv example i need  only Simn_Run alone  and paste in different sheet cell.

Thanks !!