Google Form "On Form Submit" trigger fails with no warning

Alan Wells

Jun 3, 2019, 11:24:14 AM6/3/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I received an email from a user of my add-on stating that the add-on will stop working without anyone touching it. It seems to happen to one of the forms more than others, and doesn't happen to all of the Forms with the add-on, all at the same time.

I've been getting feedback from users about this issue for years.  I've posted about this issue multiple times.  I've submitted an issue to the Issue tracker.  I've "stared" other similar posted issues.  But, the problem has not been resolved.

Dimu Designs

Jun 4, 2019, 8:01:26 AM6/4/19
to Google Apps Script Community
You should try to gather some usage metrics/statistics on those forms. Is the form most prone to error the most heavily used?

Alan Wells

Jun 4, 2019, 8:26:05 AM6/4/19
to Google Apps Script Community
That's a good idea.  I could suggest this to the user.  They probably have a general idea about the usage.  If the problem is a bug at Google with triggers, this information might help.