How to solve the "This trigger has been disabled for an unknown reason" error ?

Guillaume D.

Oct 28, 2019, 11:26:41 AM10/28/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi everyone,

I've been using GAS a lot in the last year and I never encountered this error on the trigger page just after creating a Trigger, but now this error happen even to my colleagues, few of my accounts and/or scripts. I haven't found any solution rather than just making a copy of the file where I have the script on and try to generate another trigger, delete the old file etc.

Never got this error before end of Septembre and now it really happen every few times I try to set-up a trigger. At least I would expect a kind of error message to tell us why the Trigger got disabled. This is really frustrating because old triggers have been disabled and some of our processes failed due to that. Should I make a script that checks that all my triggers are still alive or should I wait for Google to fix that issue ?

If you have any intel regarding that bug and how to solve it I'll be glad to hear it :)

Thanks in advance.

Jacopo Rumi

Oct 28, 2019, 11:40:16 AM10/28/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Try creating the triggers programmatically.

For instance: ScriptApp.newTrigger('myTrigger').timeBased().everyDays().atHour(8).create();

Hoang Trinh

Oct 28, 2019, 10:17:14 PM10/28/19
to Google Apps Script Community
There are 2 issues that were reported recently that might related to your issue:

If you feel that they described your issue, star these issues. Hopefully, they will be solved sooner

AliceKeeler Keeler

Jun 12, 2022, 5:57:03 PM6/12/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks, that is my issue also. I starred both of these issue trackers.

Витя Коледа

Jun 20, 2022, 8:32:18 AM6/20/22