GAS - Test environment ONLY - Sorry, unable to open the file at present

Radek Šimčík

Nov 22, 2021, 9:12:11 AM11/22/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi

I created a question on StackOverflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70058969/gas-test-environment-only-sorry-unable-to-open-the-file-at-present because I am not able to access /dev environment of my Google script project.

A summary of the issue is

  • The issues is that I am not able to access /dev of a project.
  • It used to work for months.
  • To my knowledge there was no change to the project - maybe Google changed something?
  • the project's container is a spreadsheet
  • I am not the owner of the spreadsheet. I am able to edit and share the spreadsheet
  • The owner holds @gmail.com type of account
  • My role in the script setting is an editor
  • I am able to create new deployments. New and existing deployements can be access by their URLs. But /dev
  • I am NOT logged into multiple accounts + tested on latest of 5 major browsers
  • When I make a copy of the script I get the same result as above
  • When accessing the script and /dev from the incognito mode I get the same results
  • The above applies to my google.com and my legacy free GSuite account
  • When I make a copz of the original spreadsheet I am able to access /dev
More info is the in link provided.

The SO question was closed. I do not understand why.

Is here someone who could help me? This is a commercial project so I cannot fiddle around much.

Thank you
Radek

Andrew Roberts

Nov 22, 2021, 9:41:36 AM11/22/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
There were changes when deployments moved to the new editor, /dev URL may have changed with the move. Could the owner give you the latest /dev?

Radek Šimčík

Nov 22, 2021, 10:15:27 AM11/22/21
to Google Apps Script Community
but I am getting the /dev URL from Google editor ...
I will try to get the /dev URL from the script owner. Not sure if she is technically capable to do so. Let us test my explanation capabilities....
Radek

Radek Šimčík

Nov 22, 2021, 11:19:59 AM11/22/21
to Google Apps Script Community
The /dev URL is the same for the owner and the owner of the script gets the same error message

Andrew Apell

Nov 24, 2021, 11:59:57 PM11/24/21
to Google Apps Script Community
You might want to get rights to edit the spreadsheet that the script is bound to as well.

Andrew Roberts

Nov 25, 2021, 5:28:24 AM11/25/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
There have been instances where I've just had to take a new copy of the script and re-create the /dev to get it to work :(

Radek Šimčík

Nov 29, 2021, 6:35:05 AM11/29/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Roberts

Nov 29, 2021, 7:52:41 AM11/29/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
The specifics depend on which editor you are using.

Make a new copy of the script, create a new version,  publish the web app to get the link to the /dev version of the web app that uses the latest code.

Radek Šimčík

Nov 29, 2021, 8:03:38 AM11/29/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I do not want to create new script. Current script runs production environment and I do not want to cause any disruption. Only if necessary and there is no other option. Right now I am still investigating