Your Google Account is disabled

Alan Wells

Apr 24, 2020, 4:28:41 PM4/24/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I got an email stating that my GSuite account had been disabled.  I was able to quickly regain access to my account by providing my phone number to get a text message for a code to enter.  I have no idea what triggered that.  I guess there's lot's of strange stuff going on lately.

Account Disabled.JPG

CBMServices Web

Apr 24, 2020, 5:33:50 PM4/24/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Yes Alan, you have been too helpful. This breaks Google's policy on user behavior.

On Fri., Apr. 24, 2020, 1:28 p.m. Alan Wells, <aj.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
I got an email stating that my GSuite account had been disabled.  I was able to quickly regain access to my account by providing my phone number to get a text message for a code to enter.  I have no idea what triggered that.  I guess there's lot's of strange stuff going on lately.

Account Disabled.JPG

Alan Wells

Andrew Apell

Apr 28, 2020, 4:18:35 AM4/28/20
to Google Apps Script Community
This happened to me last year... can't remember how I fixed it though.

Alan Wells

Apr 28, 2020, 9:12:29 AM4/28/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I was changing the time zone of the operating system on my computer, which changes the browser time zone, in order to test an add-on that is working with dates.  I need the add-on to work in every time zone of the world.  Maybe doing that is somehow automatically detected by Google as suspicious behavior?