Triggers run time

Keith Andersen

Dec 3, 2023, 12:27:39 AM12/3/23
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
For a free Google account, the quota for triggers is 20/script AND 90 minutes/day.

Question: For an onEdit trigger, when is the run time counted? Let's say I set my trigger to run a function every time cell A1 is edited. Do I only get charged the trigger firing on that cell? Because actually the onEdit tracks every change on every sheet.

Just trying to gauge how many trigger firings are being counted to judge sheet effectiveness.

Keith

Keith Andersen

Dec 5, 2023, 2:56:06 AM12/5/23
to Google Apps Script Community
After examining the triggers log....it logs every edit in the entire workbook - all sheets.

Implication: if you have a database with 20 items (cells) per record, with a trigger runtime quota of 90 minutes/DAY - you would be able to enter/edit approximate 180 records before your trigger would fail due to reaching Googles limit.

Something to think about if you set onEdit / onChange triggers for your projects or clients.

Cheers
Keith