Finding the scriptId from Apps Script projects on github

Bruce Mcpherson

Oct 8, 2021, 8:58:47 AM10/8/21
to Google Apps Script Community
In Every Google Apps Script project on Github visualized  I demonstrated an app that could be used to explore what every Apps Script developer who has shared their code is working on. One of the features is to be able to see which libraries are being used, find out who owns them, examine the code and clone entire projects directly into apps script from Github.

However, the Apps Script manifest appsscript.json, oddly, doesn't contain the id of the script it refers to. Here's a few strategies I use to match apps script github repos back to their apps script project ids.