Download a file from DropBox to Google Drive

Petr Sedlacek

Nov 8, 2020, 3:31:19 PM11/8/20
to Google Apps Script Community

Hello,

could you please help me to understand how the DropBox API call should be done to get a file from Dropbox to Google Drive?

I've already authenticate it using OAuth2 but I can't set up the API request.

function downloadFileFromDropBox()
{

var confirmAuthorization=getBoxService_().getAccessToken();

//https://ent.box.com/s/78s1vk70ecm3gzx9zpl85fudc0pjy57g

var options={

'method' : 'post',

'Authorization': 'Bearer ' + confirmAuthorization,

'Dropbox-API-Arg': '{"path": "/Scrum_model_feature.xlsx"}',

'muteHttpExceptions': 'true'

}

var response = UrlFetchApp.fetch('https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/download', {headers:options}

);

var result=DriveApp.createFile(response);
  result
.setName("GTMList.xlsx");
  result
.setStarred(true);
}

Exception: Request failed for https://content.dropboxapi.com returned code 401. Truncated server response: {"error_summary": "invalid_access_token/", "error": {".tag": "invalid_access_token"}} (use muteHttpExceptions option to examine full response)

I have another function which lists all the folders on DropBox. It works well.

function getFoldersList() {

var confirmAuthorization=getBoxService_().getAccessToken();

var response = UrlFetchApp.fetch('https://api.box.com/2.0/folders/0/items?fields=name,type', {
    headers
: {

'Authorization': 'Bearer ' + confirmAuthorization

}

});

var result = JSON.parse(response.getContentText());

var items = result.entries;

var folders = [];

for (var i=0; i<items.length; i++) {

if (items[i].type === "folder") {
      folders
.push({name: items[i].name, id: items[i].id});

}

}

Logger.log(folders);
}

Thank you.

Petr Sedlacek

Nov 9, 2020, 3:30:28 PM11/9/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Please disregard my question. The biggest challenge was surprisingly the file id. I feel embarrassed.
The file id is not part of a sharing link. The file id consists only from numbers and it is part of the url when opening file on the box.
Here is the working function how to download a file from Box to Google Drive using google apps script.

function fileFromDropBox2Drive()
{

//https://broadcom.ent.box.com/file/739530614572?s=0ptjncbno8a7f3raj4spqp6g9bcf7ngs

var gtmFileId="739530614572"; //GTM created by me

var apiHtml="https://api.box.com/2.0/files/"+gtmFileId+"/content/";

var confirmAccess=getBoxService_().getAccessToken();

var options={

'Authorization': 'Bearer ' + confirmAccess,

'Content-Type':'application/json'

}

var response=UrlFetchApp.fetch(apiHtml, {headers:options});

var gtmFile=DriveApp.createFile(response);
  gtmFile
.setName("fileFromBox.xlsx");
  gtmFile
.setStarred(true);