Apps Script Trigger help

Luke H

Mar 11, 2020, 11:46:16 AM3/11/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I was just wondering how often the time-based trigger executes a given function. I've tested it out with various intervals (1 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 4 hours) and while the function does run, it doesn't execute all the time since I am sending a POST request to the Discord API. The stackdriver logs return a global rate-limit which prevents some of the executions from sending the request. However, when I manually run the function, it sends pretty much every single time unless I spam it of course.

Does the time-based trigger execute the function more than once which is why I get these rate limits and is there any way around this?