Lower case first letter of name when emails sent through GmailApp.sendEmail()

Adeel Malik

Jun 4, 2020, 4:41:14 PM6/4/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi,

I am sending emails using google apps script from an account called Dave.The problem is that in the email UI name appears to be dave instead of Dave. Dave is how it is set up at the account.

Please check the screenshot. I tested sending the email manually and as you can see the name is with capital letters but when sent using the script it's always in lowercase.

Can anyone please help me figure this out?

Robertas Paradnikas

Jan 11, 2024, 3:42:31 AMJan 11
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi,
did you find the solution? Because I have the same problem

Martin Hawksey

Jan 11, 2024, 3:21:04 PMJan 11
to Google Apps Script Community
There are advanced options for specifying the sender using a name attribute e.g.

GmailApp
.sendEmail('mi...@example.com', 'Attachment example', 'Please see the attached file.', {
    name
: 'Automatic Emailer Script'