how to retrieve a particular user profile?

Patricia N Goldweic

Sep 14, 2012, 4:51:35 PM9/14/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've been trying to write Java code to retrieve/update user profiles. In particular, I'm trying to retrieve a particular profile but I consistently get the exception:

com.google.gdata.util.ResourceNotFoundException: Not Found
The specified resource cannot be found.

at com.google.gdata.client.http.HttpGDataRequest.handleErrorResponse(HttpGDataRequest.java:599)
at com.google.gdata.client.http.GoogleGDataRequest.handleErrorResponse(GoogleGDataRequest.java:564)
at com.google.gdata.client.http.HttpGDataRequest.checkResponse(HttpGDataRequest.java:560)
at com.google.gdata.client.http.HttpGDataRequest.execute(HttpGDataRequest.java:538)
at com.google.gdata.client.http.GoogleGDataRequest.execute(GoogleGDataRequest.java:536)
at com.google.gdata.client.Service.getFeed(Service.java:1135)
at com.google.gdata.client.Service.getFeed(Service.java:998)
at com.google.gdata.client.GoogleService.getFeed(GoogleService.java:645)
at com.google.gdata.client.Service.getFeed(Service.java:1017)

This happens when I follow the directions at the developers guide: ( https://developers.google.com/google-apps/profiles/#retrieving_with_query) while using the gdata Java client library, and I try to retrieve a feed with the following url:

https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/profiles/domain/{domainName}/full/{userName}

(with domainName and username replaced by actual values). NOTE: I can retrieve ALL profiles successfully, but I need to be able to work just on a restricted set of profiles, so it would be very inefficient to retrieve them all.

Thanks in advance for any help,
-Patricia

Chaskiel Grundman

Oct 2, 2012, 3:02:22 PM10/2/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Are you including the domain name in username? For any api that has a domain name in the url, I have found that usernames need to exclude the @domain part in order to work.

Patricia N Goldweic

Oct 2, 2012, 4:00:41 PM10/2/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com

Oh, interesting… I’ll try this out (I think I’m probably including the domain name in it).

-Patricia

Claudio Meyer

Oct 16, 2012, 4:24:31 AM10/16/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
dear patriciaG,

I am trying to retrieve subscription data, using reseller request (or Basefeed)
Would you kindly provide me with code that u are using, to build Basefeed / BaseEntry instances?

That would be a great help. Thanks.

Claudio

Patricia N Goldweic

Oct 17, 2012, 11:18:41 AM10/17/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com

Claudio,

I doubt that the code I used to retrieve profiles might help you here (looks like you are using the reseller api, which I am completely unfamiliar with).  I ended up not completing this project (as the need for it disappeared), although all I managed to do successfully was to retrieve the list of all the user profiles, which then I could loop over to presumably try to find the one I was interested in. If you think this will help, I’ll be glad to send it out. Thanks,

-Patricia