Can we have API changes announced here?

Jay Lee

Oct 2, 2012, 6:04:01 AM10/2/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Recently, (early September?) Google added two new settings to the Group Settings API, the ability to modify spam filter settings for the group and the ability to hide / unhide the group from the GAL. Both of these settings were high on the list of requested features for my application (GAM) but it took nearly a month for me to even find out about them because as far as I can tell, the only way they were "launched" was that the API docs were modified to include them. Worse, due to some bad coding on my part, the new features actually broke some GAM functionality (the break is actually how I found out about the changes)

I've asked this before but it'd be really great if we could have these changes announced somewhere. I realize every minor API change doesn't deserve a blog post but maybe a forum post here would suffice?

Jay

Mally Mclane

Oct 2, 2012, 7:28:31 AM10/2/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Jay
That would be good....

I do, however, get the impression this group is an after-thought. It
seems if Claudio is unable to reply for whatever reason, there is
noone else available to do so. Would be good if there was more
formal/structured support.

Patricia N Goldweic

Oct 2, 2012, 11:58:26 AM10/2/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. Although, to make you feel somewhat better, let me mention that this is one of only a few remaining mailing lists in which Google employees actually participate once in a while (other lists have been moved to Stack Overflow forums, with even less participation from Google :-().
-Patricia