Administrator Manged vs User Managed Groups

Gaurav Sachdeva

Sep 21, 2012, 2:28:03 AM9/21/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
How to know whether in a particular google group is User Managed or Administrator Managed using Provisioning API or any other available API. I need to get this using java, but I dont find any field/method to get this information. Please help.

Jay Lee

Oct 2, 2012, 5:07:20 AM10/2/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
HI Gaurav,

  No field is returned in the group details however, there are undocumented queries you can specify when retrieving all groups. Try adding:

?skipUserCreatedGroups=True

to the standard get all groups query:

Jay

Gaurav Sachdeva

Oct 5, 2012, 8:10:16 AM10/5/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jay...I will try that. However could you please send me links/docs or anything that may help me finding more stuff about these additional queries which are not listed on the developer.google.com. There was a project I was working on for which I asked this query and unfortunately I wasnt able to complete it on time.

Thanks anyways for taking time to answer that. Please reply me if you have something that may help.

Jay Lee

Oct 6, 2012, 8:01:18 AM10/6/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gaurav,

  ?skipUserCreatedGroups=True is undocumented, I found it by observing that Google Apps Directory Sync (GADS) never touched user-managed groups and then watching the API calls GADS made via Fiddler2.

Jay