People API not enabled

Jeff MacKinder

Mar 28, 2023, 9:48:49 AM3/28/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Good day all!

I am trying to run "gam all users delete contact query em...@email.com" and get rid of some of Other Contact emails that have been circulating in our domain.  Currently, I am getting an error of 'ERROR: People API not enabled. Please run "gam update project" and "gam user us...@domain.com check serviceaccount"'. When I run "gam update project", it says "ERROR: 404: notFound - Service account projects...gserviceaccount.com does not exist." I can see the project still in https://console.cloud.google.com. When I run check serviceaccount all 28 scopes pass and it says the account is fully authorized.

I updated to GAMADV-XTD3 6.51.07 after getting the error yesterday.

Do you have any thoughts on what I can do to fix this?

Thank you

Jeff MacKinder
Network Technician II

(541) 704-3102

Internal Ext: 1809

3610 Grand Prairie Rd,

Albany, OR 97322

Sergio Alvarez

Mar 28, 2023, 11:43:39 AM3/28/23
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi Jeff,

I believe that the error is because you are trying to use a command that was used when the contacts were managed by the contacts API instead of the people API that is used today. There is no option right now to delete all contacts for all users in a single command, You would need to know the specific contact or get the users' contacts prior to requesting the deletion of the ones you need. You can test out the commands of the peoples API here:

Jeff MacKinder

Mar 28, 2023, 12:28:49 PM3/28/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Sergio!  I appreciate the help!

Ross requested a meet and he and I walked through a fix.  It appears I had several GAM Projects listed in Cloud Console.  For some unknown reason, the multiple projects cross-contaminated some authentication. After deleting all of the projects and recreating a new project, it is all back up and running well.  The script to remove the other contacts is doing its thing as I type this.

Ross, you are a scholar and a gentleman!  Thank you for the help again!  And a big thanks to this community for always jumping in to help and provide support.

Jeff MacKinder
Network Technician II

(541) 704-3102

Internal Ext: 1809