Groups Settings for a Domain

larbi mouhibbi

Jul 4, 2014, 9:54:39 AM7/4/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm a domain administrator, I have developed a script that afect users recently created to some groups and we don't want them to unsubscribe. However they can choose to not recieve email or archive them initially.

Is there a way to manage unsubscribing users from group in a domain delegationis and make "unsubscribe from a group" unreachable for users inside the domain ?

Thanks in advance :)

Jay Lee

Jul 4, 2014, 10:00:18 AM7/4/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Try:

gam update group <email> who_can_leave_group ALL_MANAGERS_CAN_LEAVE

if you want to perform this action for all groups, try:

gam print groups | gam csv - gam update group ~email who_can_leave_group ALL_MANAGERS_CAN_LEAVE

Jay Lee

larbi mouhibbi

Jul 6, 2014, 8:39:45 AM7/6/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I have already tried that before posting the question.

even with the parameter who_can_leave_group set to ALL_MANAGERS_CAN_LEAVE, simple users can unsubscribe from the group.

Is there a way to make this possible outside the groups settings API !?

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 9:54 AM, larbi mouhibbi <larbi.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm a domain administrator, I have developed a script that afect users recently created to some groups and we don't want them to unsubscribe. However they can choose to not recieve email or archive them initially.

Is there a way to manage unsubscribing users from group in a domain delegationis and make "unsubscribe from a group" unreachable for users inside the domain ?

Thanks in advance :)

Jay Lee

Jul 6, 2014, 8:41:47 AM7/6/14

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 8:39 AM, larbi mouhibbi <larbi.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
even with the parameter who_can_leave_group set to ALL_MANAGERS_CAN_LEAVE, simple users can unsubscribe from the group.

Not from what I've seen. Can you share details of how users are still able to leave the group? Are you certain they are group members and not owners/managers? Are they users in your domain or outside of it?

Jay Lee

larbi mouhibbi

Jul 6, 2014, 10:06:33 AM7/6/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
These are steps followed for test with a user in the domain:

·         Creation of group “unsubscribe-test-group” that is accessible only for members in the domain.

·         Get group settings and the who_can_leave_group parameter is set to ALL_MANAGERS_CAN_LEAVE

·         Creation of user “larbi.mouhibbi” inside the domain

·         Add the user as member not owner to the group

·         Connect as user to view group msg and test to leave group

·         User can leave the group

Jay Lee

Jul 6, 2014, 10:41:21 AM7/6/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Make sure larbi.mouhibbi is not an admin or delegated admin in the domain.

Sent from my Moto X

larbi mouhibbi

a...@iijt.net

Jul 7, 2014, 6:12:55 AM7/7/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

HI Jay,

Just few days back I was checking this option, Thanks its working fine.

Regards,

Lakshmanan

9384712676

Please follow the attached hyperlink to an important disclaimer
http://www.teamlease.com/disclaimer.htm

larbi mouhibbi

Jul 7, 2014, 9:24:16 AM7/7/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
@Lakshmanan

Can you please give us more details about this issue ?

On Monday, July 7, 2014 10:12:55 AM UTC, Lakshmanan wrote:

HI Jay,

Just few days back I was checking this option, Thanks its working fine.

Regards,

Lakshmanan

9384712676

Admin

Oct 21, 2014, 5:48:10 AM10/21/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
HI Jay,

It is working fine, but after changing this automatically the default mail size for that group id is setting to true with 5 MB size. before it was user default.

Pl let us know how to avoid this.