How do I know that "transfer calendars" worked?

Tom Donovan

Oct 15, 2021, 3:27:03 PM10/15/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
To move a bunch of calendars from a retired staff member to her replacement, I recently used "transfer calendars" like so:

gam user us...@ourdomain.org transfer calendars us...@ourdomain.org minaccessrole owner noupdatemessages sendnotifications false

The results made it look like it worked (there were 46 calendars in total--these are the results from the first 3):

Calendar: [calendarID hidden]@group.calendar.google.com, Ownership Transferred to User: us...@ourdomain.org (1/46)
  Calendar: [calendarID hidden]@group.calendar.google.com, Calendar ACL: (Scope: user:us...@ourdomain.org, Role: none), Retained (1/46)
  Calendar: [calendarID hidden]@group.calendar.google.com, Ownership Transferred to User: us...@ourdomain.org (2/46)
  Calendar: [calendarID hidden]@group.calendar.google.com, Calendar ACL: (Scope: user:us...@ourdomain.org, Role: none), Retained (2/46)
  Calendar: [calendarID hidden]@group.calendar.google.com, Ownership Transferred to User: us...@ourdomain.org (3/46)
  Calendar: [calendarID hidden]@group.calendar.google.com, Calendar ACL: (Scope: user:us...@ourdomain.org, Role: none), Retained (3/46)

However, when I look at the target user's calendars (gam user us...@ourdomain.org) show calendars), I only see six, none of which are the ones I transferred.  And when I do "gam calendar <calendarID> show ACL" for one of the calendars in question, it correctly shows the target user as the owner:

$ gam calendar [calendarID hidden]@group.calendar.google.com show ACL
Calendar: [calendarID hidden]@group.calendar.google.com, Show 3 Calendar ACLs
  Scope: user:[calendarID hidden]@group.calendar.google.com, Role: owner (1/3)
  Scope: domain:ourdomain.org, Role: freeBusyReader (2/3)
  Scope: user:us...@ourdomain.org, Role: owner (3/3)

Unfortunately, our staff member who is the target user is on leave right now, so I can't just ask whether the transferred calendars appear in her account.  That's why I'm trying to use gam to determine whether the transfer worked.  Is there another way to do that?

Thank you for any light you can shed.

-Tom