Please help me with a command line for Groups

Frank

Oct 18, 2018, 5:12:37 PM10/18/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hi, I have a user who is the president of the company and needs to be added to each group in our Google Suite as a Manager and the permissions for him changed so that he does not get mail from these groups ('Delivery to 'No Email' ) -- The reason for this is our IT admin has it locked down so that only certain people can send to the "Master Parent" group that has all the store groups nested inside of it, then inside of the store groups is nested the department groups with the users inside of it.

Id like to have a GAM script handed that will add him to each and every group as a manager with 'Delivery to 'No Email' set for him so that he can send outgoing mail to the whole company with no issues.

Can anyone help walk me through how I'd do this with GAM please?

Thank you!

Ross Scroggs

Oct 18, 2018, 5:21:33 PM10/18/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Frank,

Gam can only add the president to all of your groups; there is no API support to set the delivery options so Gam can't help with that.

1) gam print groups > groups.csv
2) edit groups.csv and delete any lines that don't make sense; maybe there are none but take a look anyway
3) gam csv groups.csv gam update group ~Email add manager user pres...@domain.com

Ross

Frank

Frank