Clear Chrome browser history for all student users

RooDavis

Aug 2, 2018, 5:26:53 AM8/2/18
to GAM for G Suite
With students returning to school in a couple of weeks I had a teacher send me a question today. Is there a way to clear last years Chrome browsing history for all users? Without changing the setting that prevents them from clearing their history for this coming school year? Basically she wants them to start the new year with a clean slate.

+KimNilsson

Aug 5, 2018, 10:20:57 AM8/5/18
to GAM for G Suite
I don't think you can do either with GAM.

But in the admin console you could perhaps force history purge, by disabling the force save history setting, and then re-enable that setting after a few days.
But, then again, that info may also be synced to their account, and that will not be erased.

Basically, this is way messier than the good it would potentially do.