Error: 1409 - Invalid Encryption Public Key

Adam

Jul 10, 2014, 3:05:54 AM7/10/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I've had a user who has had emails disappear and am trying to see what I can recover. I'm trying to export a users mailbox using the following command in gam

gam audit export request username begin "2014-03-07 00:00" end "2014-04-07 00:00" includedeleted

but am getting the following error
Error: 1409 - Invalid Encryption Public Key

I get as far as creating the key through GNuPG using  gpg.exe --gen-key --expert using the details from here
When it comes time to export the key I am getting asked to choose a program to I assume open the key with

gpg.exe --export --armor -a "Username used to create key" | "Path to trustdb.gpg" audit uploadkey

Is this the correct way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Jay Lee

Jul 10, 2014, 8:13:00 AM7/10/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure where "Path to trusdb.gpg" came in, after the | should be the full path to your gam.exe...

Jay Lee

Adam

Jul 10, 2014, 9:07:41 AM7/10/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!! I thought you had to select the key but obviously didn't read it properly. Its working now. Thanks for your help!