finding file size of a user's drive files

Ryan Bahten

Jun 9, 2014, 4:46:31 PM6/9/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I'm able to get a spreadsheet output to my admin drive folder for a specific users drive contents using:
gam user jschmo@acme.com show filelist todrive

but I can't seem to figure out where/how to put the optional argument of filesize into that command to also output the size of each of the files. No matter where I place it (using query, or ' ' or " ", etc) I always get:

Error: %s is not a valid argument for "gam ... show filelist"

Any ideas or thoughts? The reason behind this is I have one user who is using significantly more storage space than all others in our domain and I'd like to determine what the cause is. For what it's worth I'm running GAM 3.1 on a Mac running 10.9.3.
Thanks for any suggestions.
 -Ryan

Jay Lee

Jun 9, 2014, 4:51:34 PM6/9/14

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Ryan Bahten <rba...@delnorte.k12.ca.us> wrote:
gam user jschmo@acme.com show filelist todrive

gam user jsc...@acme.com show filelist filesize todrive

should do the trick.

Jay Lee

Ryan Bahten

Jun 9, 2014, 4:55:05 PM6/9/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I just tried that again and still getting the same:
Error: %s is not a valid argument for "gam ... show filelist"

Thanks for the super quick response, any other ideas?

Ryan Bahten

Jun 9, 2014, 7:32:44 PM6/9/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
And just to add some more information: it doesn't seem to be a problem with the todrive command, I'm unable to get anything other than the simple show filelist to run, even just to my screen. So none of the listed optional arguments seem to be working. Thanks again for any help.

Jay Lee

Jun 9, 2014, 8:03:07 PM6/9/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Are you using the latest GAM 3.2 release?

Sent from my Moto X

Ryan Bahten

Ryan Bahten

Jun 10, 2014, 11:05:41 AM6/10/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Jay,
Thank you very much, updating to 3.2 fixed the problem. I really appreciate the quick responses as well as the awesome GAM package.
--Ryan