Error 400: invalidInput - Invalid Input: Inconsistent Orgunit id and path in request

Mark Walter

Jan 21, 2022, 2:16:17 PM1/21/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Getting this error when attempting to move Chromebooks via command:

gam update cros <CrOS Device ID> ou <OU>

Error Message:

  Organizational Unit: <OU>, CrOS Device: <CrOS Device ID>, Add Failed: 400: invalidInput - Invalid Input: Inconsistent Orgunit id and path in request - <Request ID>, <OU>

Have attempted to update to latest version of GAMADV (6.14.01), tried different syntax of OU as well as using OU "id" as read from "gam print orgs" command with same error.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

Ross Scroggs

Jan 21, 2022, 2:37:36 PM1/21/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

Based on the phase of the Moon and your pet dog's name, Google generates this error.
Do: gam config update_cros_ou_with_id true save
This makes GAM pass an additional (undocumented) paramter to avoid the error.

Ross

Mark Walter

Jan 21, 2022, 3:43:19 PM1/21/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I guess I'll have to rename Monty and schedule my gam updates. In the meantime, that seems to have resolved that issue. Thank you.

Adam Strugatch

Jan 31, 2022, 2:12:59 PM1/31/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I'm seeing this as well and having trouble implementing the fix you suggested.  I've updated to the lastest GAMAdvXTD3

 The command I have currently is:

gam csv c:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\3180.csv gam update cros query "id:~~serial~~" ou "/org/xxxxxxxx/Devices/Chromebooks/Retired"

Adam Strugatch

Jan 31, 2022, 2:25:06 PM1/31/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I take that back. I was able to add the variable to my gam.cfg and set it to true. For some reason the config file doesn't appear to be getting updated. At what point in the upgrade process is that supposed to get updated?