[Errno 10061] - Cannot use GAM within my corporate network

Victor Ayala

Feb 8, 2015, 9:59:44 PM2/8/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I'm testing GAM for the first time, I was able to install and configure GAM correctly, I can successfully execute commands while connected from my home. But, I just noticed that I cannot use GAM within my corporate's network, I get the following error:

Error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Looks obvious that this is a problem with computer's proxy settings however while connected from my corporate´s network I am able to surf the net, reach google admin console, etc. I already checked my proxy settings before executing GAM, still getting the error 10061.

Do I need to tell GAM to use my proxy settings or something?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Victor

(Using GAM V3.42)

Billy Crook

Feb 8, 2015, 10:17:44 PM2/8/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Find out what GAM is connecting to at home and what it's trying to at work.  If you look up the IPs in both places, I bet you will see differences.

Kit Gillingham

Feb 9, 2015, 3:55:12 AM2/9/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I also have this issue, it appears GAM does not work over a proxy server. If I switch to a direct ADSL connection it works fine.

Victor Ayala

Feb 9, 2015, 1:47:24 PM2/9/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

I just found the post below:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-apps-manager/UN8jnFbNZk0/MqChlDOni0MJ

According to Jay Lee, GAM doesn't supports proxies, my corporate network is behind a proxy so I guess I will have to try a different tool.

Thanks to Billy for taking the time to suggest a solution