Directory sync between 2 google domains

Ajo Jose

Nov 24, 2022, 12:07:55 AM11/24/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi Team,

We have 2 google workspace domains at 2 different admin consoles.
How can we sync the contacts between these domains,
please help if it can be achieved by using gam

David Amos

Nov 24, 2022, 9:52:06 AM11/24/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Are you looking to sync or is that part of a migration to a single google workspace?

Kind Regards

Dave

Ajo Jose

Nov 24, 2022, 11:02:37 AM11/24/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi David,

Thank you for the reply.

This is not part of a migration.

I am just looking to sync contacts/directory between my existing 2 google workspace domains such that we can collaborate and work easily.
we only need the google contacts of domains to be synced to each other.

Bassel Massamiri

Nov 24, 2022, 11:15:34 AM11/24/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jose,

This is in regards to seeing Google Calendar free/busy events between the two domains?

Jay Lee

Nov 24, 2022, 11:17:06 AM11/24/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Assuming you are licensed for it, it's possible to use Google Secure LDAP and GCDS tools to cross sync directories between domains. It does take some work to set it up and you need to use the stunnel tool since GCDS does not support cert-based LDAP authentication but it should work pretty well.

GAM doesn't have built-in functionality to do this but with some scripting work you could probably make it happen.

Jay

Ajo Jose

Nov 24, 2022, 11:20:04 AM11/24/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi Basel,

No , i just want to sync that contacts between these domains

Ajo Jose

Nov 24, 2022, 11:21:12 AM11/24/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi Jay,

thanks for the reply.

both these domains are using google workspace so will I be able to use LDAP in this case, No right?