User photo upload

Maykel Cano

Dec 24, 2012, 5:34:37 AM12/24/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I'm using GAM to upload the users photos:

$list = Import-Csv userphotos.csv
foreach ($entry in $list)
  {
    ./gam user $($entry.user) update photo $($entry.path)
  }

In csv I have the user account and the path of the photo.

The command run ok and the photo appear ok in a few minutes but not in all the enviroments, I mean, if you go to configuration -> general tab the photo appear ok but If you access to the user profile the photo appear empty, in chat doesn't appear the photo if you add the user to your chat contacts. I run the command this friday so I think that it had time to expand to all enviroments.

Someone had experimented this behaviour? Are there any limitation with services that can "read" the photo uploaded via API?

Thank you very much.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Maykel Cano Serrano
Consultant

Intelligence Partner
Gobelas, 17 Planta baja - 28023 Madrid

Tlf: 628 872 669  Email: mc...@intelligencepartner.com

http://www.intelligencepartner.com

¿Sabes qué puede hacer Google Apps?   Pulsa aquí

¿Sabes qué dicen los clientes de Google Apps?  Pulsa aquí

¿Sabes qué dicen los clientes de Intelligence Partner? Pulsa aquí

Sreejith Menon

Dec 25, 2012, 12:42:17 AM12/25/12
to GAM
Hi Maykel,

I've seen similar issues. But it had nothing to do with GAM. The users uploaded their photos individually and had still there were issues like, the photo don't appear in chat and all.

Looks like its a glitch in Gmail API.

Regards,
Sreejith Menon

Maykel Cano

Dec 26, 2012, 4:32:38 AM12/26/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sreejith

Thanks for your answer, I don't know if the "others photos" must to be upload using other API or there are not any posibility to upgrade the photo using APIs in the others enviroments.

Regards.

Maykel Cano Serrano
Consultant

Intelligence Partner
Gobelas, 17 Planta baja - 28023 Madrid

Tlf: 628 872 669  Email: mc...@intelligencepartner.com

http://www.intelligencepartner.com

¿Sabes qué puede hacer Google Apps?   Pulsa aquí
¿Sabes qué dicen los clientes de Google Apps?  Pulsa aquí
¿Sabes qué dicen los clientes de Intelligence Partner? Pulsa aquí

Graham Ingleby

Jan 3, 2013, 8:12:25 AM1/3/13
to GAM group
It may be a Google+ thing, some places use the Google+ photo instead of your profile one, so this may be down to who has created a Google+ account and who hasnt? Might be worth a look anyway

Best regards,

Graham Ingleby
Cloud Computing Consultant

T: 01344 203395
T: 0845 2626 747 (switchboard)
T: 0845 2626 750 (support)
F: 0845 2626 748
E: ging...@ancoris.com
W: www.ancoris.com

Ancoris Limited, Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by Postini / Google Message Security. This message is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Ancoris reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Ancoris Limited, Registered in England Number: 04830784, Registered address: 5a Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UY. Trading Address: Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ