Email log search through GAM

Greg Bassett

Jan 20, 2022, 2:19:22 PMJan 20
to GAM for Google Workspace
We had journaling enabled for a few months, and now we need to ensure that all the messages that were sent to the journaling email address were sent with TLS.

I have the full list of message IDs in SCV format  For each message ID I need to retrieve the "Recipient Details".  There will be two rows for each message ID. one for the actual recipient and one for the email address that received the journaled message.

On the Email Log Search screen I can see the recipient names (one per line), the date & time for delivery, the amount of time for delivery, and a message indicating where it was delivered (IP address) and whether TLS was used or not.

Does GAM have commands that can pull this information out of the email search log?  If not, can anyone suggest an alternative?  This is quite urgent for as.

Brian Kim

Jan 20, 2022, 5:39:51 PMJan 20
to GAM for Google Workspace
GAM, which uses Gmail API will only show messages in users' mailbox. If you had enabled Gmail Log Export to BigQuery set up, there may be data that you can query there (can't be set up retroactively). Investigation Tool will also show some data but there is a limit to how far it can go back. (past 30 days like email log search, I think)