What is gmail:last_last_access_time?

Eddy Hartley

Oct 14, 2020, 6:30:42 AM10/14/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hi there,

I know this sounds obvious, but if I look at a user in the admin console it says they have never logged in. In User reports > Accounts it says.
GMail (IMAP) - Last Used time: 01-Jan-1970 01:00:00 GMT
GMail (POP) - Last Used time: 01-Jan-1970 01:00:00 GMT
GMail (web) - Last Used time: 01-Jan-1970 01:00:00 GMT

All looks fine so far....

But running a user report with gam I see.

date
10/10/2020
accounts:creation_time
2020-08-25T12:50:43.000Z
accounts:drive_used_quota_in_mb
0
accounts:is_suspended
TRUE
accounts:last_login_time
Never
accounts:last_sso_time
Never
gmail:last_access_time
2020-09-17T13:57:54.000Z
gmail:last_imap_time
Never
gmail:last_interaction_time
Never
gmail:last_pop_time
Never
gmail:last_webmail_time
Never

This appears to say the user has accessed gmail, but never by webmail, POP or IMAP, but haw can this be?

Many thanks,

Eddy

Moreno Nardelli

Jul 15, 2021, 10:07:59 AM7/15/21
to GAM for Google Workspace

This is a good question....

Brian Kim

Jul 15, 2021, 10:50:43 AM7/15/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
Gmail app possibly (iOS/Android). Check to see if the user has mobile devices listed or shows up in devices audit log.

Danny Dillon - NOAA Affiliate

Jul 15, 2021, 11:02:00 AM7/15/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I believe there are a number of GAM service account gmail interactions that operate "as the user". Delegates, forwards, vacation messages...

Danny

Moreno Nardelli

Jul 28, 2021, 6:03:21 AM7/28/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi All,
I would share with you an official response from Google support regarding this:

gmail:last_access_time is a catch all for any activity on the account: active / passive requests, any protocols.
gmail:last_interaction_time is when we suspect that behind a request was a live user who initiated it explicitly and it might be a pop / imap / web request. There is complex classification logic behind it..
accounts:last_login_time reflects login for the respective user account excluding logins performed via Single Sign On which in turn would be populated under accounts:last_sso_time
gmail:last_imap_time & gmail:last_pop_time these are timestamps for the last mail sync using imap and pop  respecivly.
gmail:last_webmail_time that is designed to record the last time a user accessed their mailbox from webmail for example in a browser.

I hope it can be of help to others