Print mobile report : SecurityPatchLevel

Mike DS

Jun 17, 2019, 9:58:03 AM6/17/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hello,

I'm trying to get data regarding our mobile phones Security Patch Level.
From Admin panel, I can see that this value is collected by G Suite MDM :  "OS security patch : 01/03/2019, 09:00"

However when I export this data using gam (Gam print mobile full) , the value is a string like " 1554102000000 ", and just can't figure out out to convert it to a date value.

Did anyone figure out how to exploit this value ?

Thanks !!
Michael.

Mike DS

Jun 17, 2019, 10:58:28 AM6/17/19
to GAM for G Suite
Ok, I figured out it's an Unix timestamp.... it was simple, sorry guys

For those who are interested : I'm able to convert the timestamp to readable date time format via spreadsheets, by using this formula " =C1/86400000+date(1970,1,1) " (Where C1 is the cell containing the Timestamp)

Have a nice day

+KimNilsson

Jun 23, 2019, 9:46:11 AM6/23/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hmmm, I'm thinking that columns only has values for devices on Advanced Mobile Management?
My column is all zeros.

Mike DS

Jun 24, 2019, 4:14:09 AM6/24/19
to GAM for G Suite
Yes, i guess it's for Advanced MDM only. However, it also return null values for iOS devices and Android before version 5.

I did statistics on patch levels among the 60K android devices enrolled on my domain, and it's pretty ugly.... like 35K devices with a patch level before 2019 .... As the majority is BYOD devices, there is not much to do about it.

Kim Nilsson

Jun 24, 2019, 4:58:10 AM6/24/19
to Google Apps Manager
Yeah, I only run Basic, so I at least can force everyone to use a screen lock.

/Kim
--
There is No Substitute!